Monday, December 14, 2009

Choir Invisible (2006)
The Deaths



The Deaths are a Fargo local band. They were mentioned in the May 2005 issue of SPIN (pictured). They also performed at SXSW in 2006 and 2007


Choir Invisible first came out in 2005 and was re-released to a wider audience in July 2006. I bought this album last year on a whim from Orange Records.

(Shameless free plug: If you're in Fargo, and looking for new music, especially local stuff, I know that Orange Records has a pretty good selection. Go check them out.)

The songs that I find to be especially good on this album are "Birmingham" and "Go Slow," both of which I have on this page. Of the adjectives I've seen attributed to The Deaths, I think that minimalist and Brit pop sum it up best for me. This is one of those albums that makes me want to buy the next one just to see where they take their music. (Conveniently, they have a newer album out, "Centralia," which was released in 2008.)

If you'd like to learn more about The Deaths, visit their website. Until then, enjoy the songs provided!

Birmingham - The Deaths

Go Slow - The Deaths

No comments:

Post a Comment